Thursday, September 18, 2008

Another Jacksonbelle sketch challenge

Here is another card I made for the Jacksonbelle sketch challenge contest. This time I followed sketch #3. When I started this card I had the birds stamped on white cardstock, used different dp and had a whole different color scheme completely. I actually had a complete card put together but after over an hour of putzing around with it, it just didn't look right so I pulled it apart and saved....the moon. Yep, that is the only thing I salvaged from the first card. I carefully cut the moon off of the first card and started new. I'm so glad I did because...I LOVE how this card turned out. For this card I stamped the birds with Brilliance Graphite Black ink on bashful blue cardstock. Once the ink dried, I painted over the entire piece with Silver Bells Shimmerz paint and then I sponged Night of Navy ink over that. I love the spooky look it gives! After that, I glued on the shimmery moon that I salvaged from the first card. I couldn't resist adding the cute MS fence too. Now to try and find time to stamp something for sketch challenge #2.
Supplies used: Stamps from Inkadinkado and Studio G, CS and DP from SU, Shimmerz paint - silver bells and bees wax, MS fence punch, MM bat brads, prismacolor marker.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are having a great day!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an incredible card! I love how the colors come together to create a card that looks as though it is nighttime. You have a knack for pulling it all together. It is so beautifully created!

Kari said...

Love this one!! Great job Heather!!!

Dawn said...

Beautiful... Love the birds and the color combo is perfection! Great job...

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

This is AWESOME! Love the night scene and how you did the moon.

I am buying Shimmerz, I can't believe I didn't do it at 1 AM on Sunday. Time got away from me this week. I am e-mailing you.

kc_froglady said...

great card - love your sky!

Anonymous said...

Another awesome card!! :) Love the image and the sparkly moon!! TFS!

Lesley said...

Great card, I love the birds xx

Linda Anderson said...

Oh Heather, me likey... a lot!!!!

Linda

Libby Hickson said...

Love how this looks with the shimmer and that fabulous moon! Love those bat brads too - they are also in my (massive) Halloween collection, I need to use them soon!

Shirley said...

The same for this one. That sky with all of the other images and colors is just beautiful!