Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Butterflies - Fly

Butterflies-Fly is the name of my Firecracker Designs stamp set for this month. I just love it! And no matter how hard I try, I can't resist cutting out and layering the butterfly to make it 3-D. For this card I stamped the image and colored it, then I stamped it again on a scrap piece of cs, colored and painted it, then glued it on the first image. It just makes me feel like the butterfly is going to fly off the card.
Supplies used: Butterflies-Fly from Firecracker Designs, SU CS, DCWV DP, Shimmerz paint, Michael's self adhesive rhinestones, Bic Mark*it permanent markers.

I hope you are all having a great week! Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Mandy said...

How pretty! That blue and the sparkle is just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

What a stunning card! I love the butterfly! Great layout and pattern paper! Beautifully done!!

Etha said...

beautiful! I love the intense blue on the card, and yes, it looks as if the flutter is ready to take off!

jo said...

oh its just stunning ,i love it , i love the blue , hugs jo x

kc_froglady said...

I really love the butterfly paired with the paisley paper! Great combination.

nessy said...

how striking heather ~love those colours together ~oh and just love the butterfly!
vanessa xx

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Another beautiful card!

Is that a "bright" color I see...?

Angie C said...

Stunning card Heather and that butterfly is so pretty

Kari said...

Another stunning card!!! I love this butterfly in blue!! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Now THIS is gorgeous!! I absolutely love the shimmer effect on this butterfly!! The blue color is awesome as well!! Have a wonderful weekend my friend! :)

Lesley said...

Great card, love the butterfly xx

Shirley said...

What is not to love! Paisley and butterflies... YES!

Unknown said...

The butterfly is awesome - lovely card!

Dawn said...

LOVE this card Heather and CONGRATS (if i hadn't told you already!) for making the team... Pamela is so nice and TALENT... she has got it!

Delia said...

Oh how I love this card. I love the blue and the time you took for the butterfly. It's awesome!!