Monday, November 17, 2008

Lost Mojo

I'm not sure what my problem is but my mojo is gone and I've looked everywhere for it. Up until yesterday, the last day I sat down and actually stamped was Nov 3rd. Yesterday I decided to try and overcome this depressed, lost mojo feeling and well...it didn't work. I sat in my stamp room for over 7 hours. Yes, I said it over 7 hours. Tom watched the kids for most of the time and I had peaceful stamping time. Unfortunately after 6 hours I had absolutely NOTHING to show for it. I was trying to make some calendar Christmas gifts and they just weren't working. After 6 hours I gave up... I cleaned up my table and threw about 30 pieces of cut up cardstock in the recycling bin. I sat there and almost cried. I managed in the next hour and a half to make 1 card using Beate's weekend sketch but in the end 7 1/2 hours of stamp room time = 1 card. I just can't figure it out if it is the weather or the daylight thing or just me getting older...I truely hope my mojo finds its way home soon because I'm running out of previously made projects to share.
Sorry to be such a downer!

Speaking of previously made projects, I do have a few more things to share this week. Wednesday is the big QKD birthday celebration! There will be a blog hop with challenges and prizes. QKD is also featured on the Stamp Something, Sheet Loads of Cards and 2 Sketches 4 You challenge blogs this week. Make sure to check them out for a chance at winning some fabulous prizes. Today 2 Sketches 4 You will be highlighting these two QKD sketches. If you decide to play along, make sure you post a link to your creation on the 2 Sketches 4 You blog!
ETA: Apparently 2 Sketches 4 You didn't use the 2 sketches that we were given by QKD...if you want to participate in the 2 Sketches 4 You QKD prize drawing please go to their blog and use the 2 sketches provided there, not the 2 sketches I'm showing you here.

Sketch #1
My card:
Supplies used: Stamps from QKD, SU CS, Basic Grey DP, Basic Grey brad, MS border punch, Prima flowers, Alcholbased marker, Shimmerz paint.

Sketch #2
My card:Supplies used: Stamps from QKD, SU CS, Basic Grey DP, May Arts ribbon, foam dimensionals, Sharpie marker.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you all have a terrific start to your week!

10 comments:

marywebb said...

Those cards are super Heather!!! I hope you find your mojo so you feel better. I lost mine too and I haven't been stamping I started crocheting hats instead!!! I've made about 70 of those hats now!!!

Unknown said...

Aww Heather - big hugs hun ... I know exactly where you are coming from XXX Great cards BTW

Anonymous said...

Great cards Heather!! Hope you're feeling back to yourself in no time!! :) Take care!

Anonymous said...

Heather, they are gorgeous card!!! I think you did an awesome job on both. As far as your mojo...it will come back. Don't try to force yourself to do something thinking it will bring your mojo back. Perhaps this means that you need to step back from it for a little bit. Enjoy life a bit...look for inspiration around you...nature, children, colors, etc. It will come back. Here is a hug ((((((Heather)))). Keep your chin up!

Shirley said...

Heather, it happens to all of us. I have been creating for a week and still only have a card from the past to show for it. Lots of parts of projects but.....nothing new. I sometimes go to Google or SCS and key in what I am looking for to get motivated or mojo.

Now, I am in love with both of your cards. The first one is just so feminine and beautiful! The second one is so darn cute. Such unusual colors and such creativity. Very pretty!

nessy said...

lovely cards ~hope you get back into creating again very soon!! guess we all have those days or weeks ~hang in there heather ~it will soon be "fun" again
vanessa xx

Jo said...

Fantastic cards Heather. Hope your mojo returns soon!

Kari said...

Great cards!! Boy can I relate to losing the mojo!! I hope your mojo finds it's way back to you soon! :O) But until then, just take a deep breath and enjoy your surroundings! :O)

Anonymous said...

I feel your frustration. Hang in there....it will flow again.

Etha said...

love what you did with the sketches, just great!