Tuesday, December 9, 2008

TTIC #11 A Very Cullen Christmas

It's Tuesday and I'm excited...how can that be? Reason #1 - it's a snow day! No school, so we don't have to leave the house (or even get out of our pjs). Reason #2 - it is time for a Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge. The what challenge, you say? Well...Tonya from Stamp Happens has an AWESOME challenge every Tuesday called the Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge (and she even has an awesome DT to go along with it!). As most of you know I am sort of a late bloomer when it comes to Twilight but late bloomer or not I am totally in love with this series of books and Edward Cullen. I first came to know of TTIC from one of my stamping/blogging friends Rebecca. I had been reading her blog for a while and was always intrigued by her Twilight projects. I finally decided to read the book to see what all the to-do was about. OMG...or should I say OME (Oh My Edward!)....I LOVED the books! Actually LOVED is a bit of an understatement...I read 4 books (and saw the movie twice) in less than a week. All I can say is THANK YOU REBECCA!!!
This week the challenge is "A Very Cullen Christmas". Before I say anything else I want to say that this card looks MUCH better in real life than it does in the photo. I took over 50 photos with and without flash and the glittered paper just doesn't photograph well.
For my Cullen inspired Chirstmas card I went with Elegant and well...Sparkly, of coarse!
I just bought this glittered paper at Target yesterday and thought this would be the perfect project for it. I embossed the red glitter paper with the Cuttlebug and then sanded it a little so the embossed pattern was a little more recognizable. It is really a shame that I can't get a good photo. I was really happy with how this turned out. Supplies used: Stamp from DRS Designs, SU CS, Glittered paper, Dress It Up glitter dots, white embossing powder, foam dimensionals, Nestibilities, misc. satin ribbon.

I hope everyone is having a fabulous day! Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is *absolutely* gorgeous! I'm very glad you had a snow day today :-) and that you had a chance to play along!

Julie said...

Hi Heather -- Rebecca just passed along your blog address -- nice to meet another Twilighter! Your card is beautiful -- very Cullen-esque!

ellepaulette said...

OME! How beautiful!! You did an outstanding job on this!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the red and black...elegant!!! Incredible background. How cool that you have a snow day. Lots of stamp time...whatever you do enjoy!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

OME! Sooo elegant! I love it :) I really do think that Alice would approve of this being sent out to all of their friends ;)
Thanx for playing!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous, Heather!! I'd love to hold that card and see all the sparkle!! Thank you so much for playing with us!!!

Maria Matter said...

Stunning!
I can just imagine all the sparkle and it's just beautiful! Love the design too!
gosh, I haven't gotten into Twilight yet, I'm so out of the loop!
Blessings, Maria

Kari said...

Fabulous card!! I think it is amazing!!! Love all the sparkle!! Love the book series too! Isn't it fantastic! Well that is an understatement of course! :O) I saw the movie twice too!

marywebb said...

Beautiful Card Heather!!! I sure wish we had a snow day here!!! I NEED a day off.

Eve said...

Very eloquent card. I think this WOULD be one that the Cullens would send out!
Thanks for playing along!
Kindly,
~Eve

Unknown said...

Hi Heather - this is beautiful! I haven't gotten 'bit' ha ha by the twilight bug yet - but it certainly is inspiring some awesome work! Thanks so much for sharing - hope you are well!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

ooooooooooh totally Twilight colors. YUMMY!!! This is GORGEOUS, girl!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow that is gorgeous! I absolutely love it! Very nice job. :D

Shirley said...

This is just so elegant and lovely! I think your colors, papers and dies are terrific the way you used them here!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is absolutely beautiful. :D Lovely work.