Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Imagine That!

Today I thought I would share a card that I made using one of my favorite Shimmerz techniques. Besides painting Primas with Shimmerz, my next favorite thing to do with it is make shimmery background paper. To make my background I stamped my image on light blue cardstock and then painted the whole thing with Angel Wings Shimmerz. Immediately after painting the cardstock (while the Shimmerz is still wet) I use a paper towel and rub over the entire piece in a circular motion. For this particular card I also rubbed some darker blue ink over the shimmerz to give a cloudy look. This technique lets you create shimmery background paper using any color of cardstock. I'm sure any color of Shimmerz would work but I find Angel Wings looks great on any color of cardstock.

Supplies used: Shimmerz Angel Wings (background), Shimmerz Green Olive (on the dragon), Stamps from Firecracker Designs by Pamela, SU CS, foam dimensionals, Dress It Up Glitter Dots.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I gotta giggle Heather, that this is not the first time we have been on the same "creative wavelength"

Love the card and love the technique!

Anonymous said...

Definitely a very creative card! Love how it turned out!! Beautifully done!!

nessy said...

oh love the shimmer ~just perfect with this image~ dazzling creation
vanessa xx

Jessica Diedrich said...

Wow this is really amazing how you created that dark, shimmery sky. It's perfect for that image! Love the glitter dots, too! You did a really awesome job on this!

Heather Schlatter said...

This is great that Dragon and the colors you used make such a great man/boy card. It has a real masculine feel to it, and that DSP is great with this!!!

I am so doing a orange/blue/green card soon!!!

Heather

Janna said...

Heather!!!! This is amazing!!!!! I am so, so blown away!!! Wow! That shimmerz technique is amazing and adds so much to this card and the card is incredible! I love the color choices and the way you colored in that dragon! So, so fun! And those glittery brads are a perfect accent! Really reminds me of flames! Great job!

Smiles,
janna

marywebb said...

I love it Heather!! That Shimmerz technique is really awesome, I need to try that one of these days.

Libby Hickson said...

Love this card - and what a cool idea for the Shimmerz! Must try it!

Maria Matter said...

Hi Heather!
How cool is that? I looks wonderful and I can actually see the shimmer! This is an awesome looking card! even the brads sparkle!
Never saw this dragon before, he's wickedly cool!
blessings, Maria

Etha said...

ohhhh I love this card! this dragon is one of my favs!! too neat how you did the background and everything is so shimmery, super!