Monday, May 18, 2009

DRS Designs Blog Challenge #21

WOW, I can't believe this is our 21st challege! Where does the time go? The team was challenged to make flap cards this week...we would love for you to play along. If you upload to a public gallery, please use the keyword DRSC21. SCS has a great tutorial for these. Check it out HERE.

Be sure to check out the DRS Designs blog too see all of the awesome creations made by the design team!

Here is my flap card:

a look at the inside:I am in love with this adorable little boy. I think maybe because he reminds me of myself as a kid. I was a total tomboy always catching bugs and frogs and such. For my card I used a Basic Grey magnetic closure. The back magnet is hidden behind the white cardstock on the inside of the card. All images were colored with Copic markers.

Thanks for stopping by today. Tomorrow is another fun Jacksonbelle Embellishements challenge as well as a new Twinkling Tuesday challenge! Hope you all have a great day!

15 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

Ooh. I love the simply embossed white BG...really pops the image!

Anonymous said...

AWW!! Frog boy looks adorable Heather!! :) Love the fun texture you've added to it!!

marywebb said...

That is a really cute card. Thanks for checking out my mom's blog!!

Maria Matter said...

I love this flap card! Cute image and a great design Heather! Fabulous inside and out!
You've made such great cards over the last few weeks!! We're finally back from vacation and I can't wait to get back to crafting!!!
Many Blessings, Maria

Jennifer E. said...

Awesome job! I love this flap card--all the textures, the colors, and those cute little forgs are great!

Jacilynn said...

Really Really cute! My card today has boy with frogs too. Great minds think alike.

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is really really cute, Heather! I love the flap card and the way you decorated the inside-it's adorable! Great textures on the outside, too! Love it!

Kimmie said...

This is just darling! I love the set-up for the card and the inside is adorable!

Danni said...

This is too cute for words! I've never made a flap card but you rocked it!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card!!! Such an adorable image. Love the use of the Cuttlebug background, oval scalloped and brads!! Great card!

Golly said...

Such a darling card, Love the look on that little guy's face. I am still trying to figure out how to become a follower to your blog. Hope it works this time. I love all your cards. Kay

Jessica G. said...

What a fun card, Heather! The image is perfectly colored and really pops against the white background. How cute the inside is, too!

Heather Schlatter said...

Heather O.K. I have never seen that embossing foler but I love it!!! You always have the best layouts and you use your embossing folders so well!!!

Great Job on this girl I love that image so perfect for little boys!!!

Heather

kc_froglady said...

Love this one - great look with the green edge and wonderful coloring on the main image :) His overalls are fantastic!

Kisa Peters said...

This guy makes me smile! Super cute!