Thursday, June 25, 2009

Life Happens

I hope everyone is having a great week. Unfortunately it definitely hasn't been the greatest week for me. Actually it has been a really stressful week. I apologize to all of you yet again for not getting around to visit your blogs this week. Sadly, I will probably need to just clear out my google reader as I currently have over 400 unread posts in there. I promise to try and stop by your blogs soon! I should have a little more time to try and keep up with things, because starting next week I will once again be a full time stay at home mom. Sometimes life doesn't exactly turn out exactly the way you expect and you have to make decisions that are best for you instead of worrying about everyone else. Yesterday I resigned from my job. It just was not the right fit for me at this point in my life. I am now going to spend the rest of the summer enjoying my precious time with the kids before Annabelle heads off to kindergarten in the fall. No more 4 am wake up calls for me! YAY!!!
Because of all of the chaos in my life this past week I haven't had any stamping time. Luckily I still have a few stash cards to share!
Today I thought I would share another card that I made with the DRS Designs Dustin Pike images. I just LOVE these stamps. They are adorable and a dream to color!
Thanks for stopping by today. Just wanted to remind everyone that Saturday is the June Firecracker Designs blog hop. You won't want to miss it!
Have a great day!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable card!!! I love the images...beautifully colored! Wonderfully done!!

I hope that things will calm down for you. I think you made a good decision and you will be much happier! Enjoy your summer!

Cheri said...

I'm sorry your job wasn't as good a fit as you'd like. But I'm sure your kids will be DELIGHTED that you're staying home full time! =D

Love your card, Heather! Dustin does some amazing artwork, and I'm lovin' the new images he's been coming out with!

Unknown said...

Heather -- {{{HUGS}}} just because I think you can use one...I'm glad you were able to make the decision on your terms...and that you'll get to enjoy the kiddos this summer. Loving your new design and banner too -- way to go on your first publication and finally I LOVE THIS CARD. DP is one of my favorite 'peeps' ;). (how was that for a great run-on sentence ;) )

Nancy said...

Great card, Heather...Dustin Pike's images are a dream!

Hugs to you on your tough decision. However, I'm sure it is the right one for you and your family at this time. You know what is best for you! Hang in there!!

Golly said...

Glad you had this one to share today. It is so darn cute. Enjoy the little ones while you can. Take care.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Heather, sorry to hear you've had a rough time of it lately in your personal life. Going back to being a full time sahm will be very rewarding, and you will have more time to craft too! im sorry things hadn't worked out. Your card is truly wonderful hunny, i hope you have a nice relaxing weekend, hugs Linda x

Jessica Diedrich said...

I think this will be a great change for the positive for you and your whole family. Congrats again on being published and here's to some stamping time..FINALLY! Love the new look of your blog, too...can't imagine anything better than spending time w/ those cutie pies! Hugs!!

Oh, btw-your card is ADORABLE!!! I LOVE the coloring and that is a great layout, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh Heather, this is the cutest!! Beautiful coloring and what a gorgeous layout!! I love it!!

Hoping that things work out better for you now and you can take time for YOU and your family!! BIG HUGS!!

Jennifer E. said...

Best wishes & luck as you transition from working mom to stay-at-hole mom! Enjoy the time at home. I wish I could. Don't fret about all of the blogs you haven't visited, we understand, and your kids are more important! Gald you can enjoy your summer!

Jami said...

I hope things go the way you need them to Heather...hope you're able to enjoy the rest of the summer! Hugs!!

Love this cute Dustin card...those critters are adorable!

Maria Matter said...

Fabulous card Heather...that IS a great image! Love the wild papers!

Ya know, there is a divine plan for your life and you'll know when you're walking in it and when you're not...Peace will be there!
Take care Heather!
Blessings, Maria

Linda Anderson said...

You know what, I am thrilled to hear you are no longer working --- that way I get to see more of your cards!!!!!!! This one is adorable Heather!! I just may have to get it!!

Linda