Sunday, May 2, 2010

Stamping for fun today!

I hope you are all having a terrific weekend! Life has been incredibly busy for us the past month or so and I haven't had much time for anything. It was also a busy month for design team work, so in the little bit of stamping time I've had I've been doing all design team work. I haven't had a chance to just sit down and stamp for fun in ages. Last night I decided I was desperately in NEED of some mental health time so I managed to sneak to the basement for a little bit of stamping.
I decided that instead of doing design team work I would just find a fun challenge and stamp for fun. I found 2 challenges that worked great together: the Limelight Sketch #46 Sparkle challenge and the Copic Creations challenge #27 Coloring on other surfaces.

Here is the Limelight sketch (the twist is you need to add sparkle):

For my card I used a stamp set from Unity Stamps called Insightful Meadow. For my sparkle I added some Basic Grey self adhesive red rhinestones. I also used some super cool Love My Tapes Japanese Masking Tape. Be sure to check out the Love My Tapes blog tomorrow as I am the featured product tester this week! As for my Copic Creations coloring on other surfaces challenge...I used a blue Copic marker and colored my white Karen Foster Scrappers Floss for the button in the center of my flower. I absolutely love using the white floss in buttons because I can customize it to any color using my Copics!

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! Be sure to check back tomorrow for the Little Paper Shop Monday challenge!

4 comments:

Linda Anderson said...

Wow Heather, this card is stunning!! So many fabulous details and wonderful color!!!!! Love your flower! You've convinced me to get the floss as I only use linen thread and get frustrated when it unravels and doesn't go thru the button holes easily. It is fun to stamp for fun!!!!

Linda

Anonymous said...

What a stunning card! I love the colors!!! The quote is awesome!! I love how you embellished this card. Awesome job!

Mandy said...

Heather, this is GORGEOUS! Going to feature your card on my blog tomorrow! What great texture here! :)

Heather said...

Stunning card !! - fabulous colours and great background stamping.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Copic Creations.
hugs Heather xxg.