Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Blog Candy for a GREAT cause!!!!

Happy Wednesday everyone! Today I have a challenge for all of you. My good friend Chava (who I've known for almost 30 years - yikes, does that make me feel old!) has a 6 month old son Alex. Shortly after Alex was born he was diagnosed with having Cystic Fibrosis. For those of you unfamiliar with CF here is a brief description:

Cystic fibrosis is an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States (70,000 worldwide). A defective gene and its protein product cause the body to produce unusually thick, sticky mucus that:

  • clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening lung infections; and
  • obstructs the pancreas and stops natural enzymes from helping the body break down and absorb food.
Chava is participating in one of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Great Strides walks. She is trying to raise money to help support the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Research and care supported by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is making a huge difference in extending
the quality of life for those with CF. To learn more about CF and the CF Foundation you can visit there site HERE.

Here is where my challenge comes in. Chava is doing the Great Strides walk in Des Moines, IA on 5/17/08. Her fundraising goal is $150. I'd love to help her reach this goal (I am happy to say I was the first person to place a donation on her site). To help her out I am offering a chance at some fun blog candy to anyone who donates. There is no minimum donation. You can donate $1 or more. All you need to do for a chance at the blog candy is go to Chava's donation site HERE and donate (don't worry if your name doesn't show up on the donation list instantly, I've noticed that in some cases it takes several hours). After you donate, leave a comment on this post. You do not have to tell me how much you donated. I just appreciate any help you can give! I will pick a blog candy winner on Friday May 9th. I'd love for any of you to mention my post on your blogs, the more exposure the better.

Now for the blog candy: It is a clear stamp extravaganza!! The stash includes "Winter Holidays" set from Autumn Leaves, a package of misc Studio G clear stamps, a package of birthday themed Studio G stamps, a cute flip-flops stamp from Imaginisce, a cute hula penguin from Imaginisce, a popsicle stamp from Imaginise, a package of Magic Mesh, a package of self adhesive pearls and a package of self adhesive rhinestones.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Kisa Peters said...

I donated! I forgot to mention your blog....I guess that could have gone in the comments..silly me. I just had a HUGE talk (Monday) about CF with my son's doctor and he did some basic checks to make sure that is not Andrews problem. The doctor said that even adults who thought they had asthma all their lives can find out they have mild CF. Fortunately, he didn't think that was Andrew's problem. Andrew's health is probably near perfect compared to children with CF and I am so thankful for that, but it does break my heart for the others. Best of luck to your friend!

Stephanie said...

I just made a donation for a great cause! Thanks for doing this!

Delia said...

Thanks Heather, I donated a little. I hope she reaches her goal and more. I will check back in a few days to see how she is doing. Hugs Delia

Sara in WI said...

How could I NOT donate to Chava's walk? (We did.) I hope the little bit that we each share can help find a cure for CF. (Missed you last night but ate some dessert for you. Did it taste good? yummm)
Sara

mwebb said...

I'm on my way to donate!!!

mwebb said...

I donated, she has met her goal and is going beyond it. That's sooooo awesome.

CricketPE said...

I donated. What a great idea to use your blog for such a great cause!

Richelle said...

Hi Heather...I donated!!

mwebb said...

Did you see? She's almost doubled her goal!!! WooHoo!!!!

mwebb said...

Did you see? She's up to $495.00 now. That is soooooo awesome, I bet she is totally thrilled.

Gia Harvey said...

I've donated! I will say a prayer for little Alex.