Thursday, May 1, 2008

Don't forget to check out my blog candy in the previous post!

Tonight a friend of mine called at 7:30 and asked if I could whip up a "First Communion" card by tomorrow morning. Um....No, it is almost my bedtime. Well, that isn't exactly what I said, I think the words were "sure, I'll see if I can come up with something for you". I went down to my stamp room at 8:00 and told Tom to yell for me at 8:30. If I didn't have a card done by then, well I tried...So here is my half hour First Communion card. I have to tell you, I have never made a first communion card. I wasn't even sure what kind of sentiment it should have. I didn't think congratulations was the correct thing to say so I decided to go with "blessings" from the PaperTrey Ink set "Out on a Limb". The main cross image is from an old retired SU! set called "Inspirational Images". I actually had it on my for sale list but I might have to keep it now that I actually used it. The paper is all from PaperTrey Ink except for the brushed silver which is from SU! Pretty plain but ok considering I hadn't planned on stamping tonight and I didn't have much advance notice to put it together.


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you all have a great evening.
If you haven't already, please check out my blog candy post right below this post.

15 comments:

Kisa Peters said...

It is beautiful!

nessy said...

very elegant and sophisticated!
vanessa xx

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful.

mwebb said...

you do a fantastic job "throwing" a card together!!! :o)

Deana said...

Very nice card Heather. I can't do ANY card in 30 minutes. I have to stare at blank paper for that long....

Kisa Peters said...

Still a beautiful card! I love the silver...it feels so clean and fresh..yet formal.

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Great job! 30 minutes, I am so impressed!

Gia Harvey said...

Really beautiful! Perfect for a first communion card.

Sara in WI said...

Lovely Heather!
Sara

Richelle said...

I think its beautiful Heather!

Angie C said...

Oh Heather, this is such an elegant looking card - you did a great job

jo said...

its stunning, jo x

Betty: Reflections with Coffee said...

WOW! Elegant. Gorgeous. And fits the occasion beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. xx

Anonymous said...

It is a gorgeous christian card.