Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I made a challenge card!!!

I think this is the first time EVER that I have done a SCS color challenge while it was current. I had planned on taking a nap while the kids were at preschool today but for some reason my stamp room was calling my name. Today the challenge colors were Really Rust, Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze (but you could substitue Bordering Blue, which is what I had to do).
I thought the colors made for a perfect fall card. In addition to doing a color challenge I also used an old SCS sketch SC118. I colored my image with colored pencils and OMS and then to give just the pumpkins and apples a shiney look I painted them with Angel Wings Shimmerz.
Here is a close-up of one of the pumpkins so you can see the shimmer (it was hard to see in the full photo)
Supplies used: Stamps from DRS Designs, SU CS, colored pencils/OMS, Dress it Up glitter dots, Shimmerz.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you are all having a great day!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Oooo, Heather...I just love the sparkly brads! They are a great addition! And, I love the pictures of your kids in the header!

Unknown said...

beautiful Heather! I love the touch of sparkle :) Glad you got to play today...I know all about being behind on the challenges, I've given up!

Angie C said...

Beautiful fall card Heather. Your colouring is great and I love the glittered brads.
hugs
Angie

Karen said...

Great card: Love the layout and colouring. Those sparkly brads are great too.

Anonymous said...

You did a beautiful job on this!! What an incredible job of coloring!

Janette said...

This is beautiful Heather- I love it!

Kari said...

Great card!! Fun layout and wonderful job with the colors!