Friday, October 24, 2008

My first shaker card

This past week I accomplished a couple stamping firsts: a shaker card and a suspension card (I will be showing you this one at a later date). I also accomplished a couple stamping lasts: a shaker card and a suspension card, LOL.
WOW, both of these techniques were a major pain in the butt. Today's card didn't exactly turn out how I had envisioned it but after investing a couple hours in the card I didn't want to just throw it away. All of the stamps I used are from DRS Designs. Oh and sorry about the lighting in the photo, we have had a lot of cloudy, overcast days lately and I just haven't been able to get a great photo of this card.
Supplies used: Stamps from DRS Designs, SU CS, SU and Amuse ribbon, alcohol markers, snow glitter, rhinestones, foam dimensionals, transparency sheet, small snowflake punch.

Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow , as amazing as it may seem, I have a non-Christmas card to share, LOL. I hope you all have a terrific day!

10 comments:

marywebb said...

What a cute card!

Anonymous said...

Heather, you did a beautiful job on this card!! I bet it is fun to shake the card and see the snow move. Awesome card!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Didn't know you never made one!! What an excellent job for your very first one!! :) TFS!!

Kisa Peters said...

Great card! Your time spent really paid off! I really like the blue snow flakes!

Lesley said...

Fab card Heather xxx

Unknown said...

A fabulous shaker card Heather X

nessy said...

what a clever idea heather ~and so fantastic for your first one!!
vanessa xx

Shirley said...

Heather, this is beautiful and so fun too! Love everything you did!

Kari said...

Fantastic card Heather!! I am so loving it!!

Jennifer E. said...

This is so cool! I would have never thought to create this as a shaker card like you have! What a great idea!