Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Taylored Expressions Birthday Bash Challenge

I hope everyone is having a great week! Today I wanted to share another one of the Taylored Expressions Birthday Bash challenge cards that I made. There were 13 challenges posted over the weekend and as crazy as this sounds...I managed to do every single one of them. 13 cards over a 4 day period. Talk about stamping marathon (considering I average about 2 hours per card). The good thing about all of this is, I have a nice size stash of cards to share over the next few weeks!
There were a couple sketch challenges in the bunch and I thought I would share one of them today.
Here is the sketch:

Here is my card:

I probably should have waited for better natural light to take this photo but I was so happy with the card I wanted to share it right away. This adorable image is from SCACD. Isn't he just the cutest! Totally reminds me of Beckett. I got a lot of Copic practice in this weekend. I think 10 of the 13 cards that I made had images to color. I was thrilled with how this one turned out. I'm still very new at coloring with Copics so my coloring attempts are not always at successful as this one ...BUT....next week I am taking the Copic certification class so hopefully I will learn tons of tips! To make the class even better (actually this is better than the class entirely)...my dear dear friend Kisa is flying in and taking it too! I get to spend the day playing with Copics and hanging out with Kisa...it doesn't get better than this...SERIOUSLY!!!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet image and beautiful coloring and layout!! What a super creation!

Unknown said...

Another fabulous card Heather ... love the colour of this one X

Jessica G. said...

Sweet image and what a versatile sketch -- I'll have to try that one!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card!! Love your coloring Heather!! :) HUGS

Tina said...

Love this little guy and your card. Great blog and cute kids.

Bethany Paull said...

Fab! Such great coloring.

Nancy said...

Adorable!! I just love the image, and you colored her so well, Heather!! Awesome job!!

Maria Matter said...

oh, I love this Heather...you did an awesome job with Matthew!

I can't believe you did that many cards, wowza!!!! way to go!
can't wait to see them all!
Have a great weekend!
Blessings, Maria