Thursday, July 10, 2008

SC184


I don't do the SCS card sketch challenges very often but I thought this week's sketch was really cool. The sketch had squares where I put the flowers but I just couldn't make it look right with squares under the flowers. I like how this turned out but for some reason feel like it still needs something. After having it all glued together I wish I had stamped the sentiment on vanilla instead of white but hind sight is 20/20.
The stamps are from Verve Stamps, DP is Cosmo Cricket (still using my scraps from the piece I cut up the other day), CS and brads are SU, flowers are Maya Road, ribbon is American Crafts.
Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Heather, this is a beautiful card. I love how your interpreted the sketch and made it your own. Fabulous papers and the sentiment is perfect!

Kari said...

Beautiful card! I love what you did with this sketch!! Love the background paper too!

Kisa Peters said...

I love the flowers instead of the squares! I had a hard time with mine too because I couldn't get it perfect! I decided oh well! LOVE the paper too! It looks so dark and romantic!

Maureen said...

I really love how you used flowers instead of the squares!

Anonymous said...

The flowers in place of the squares is an awesome idea!! Love the look. Such a gorgeous card and beautiful papers.

Linda Anderson said...

Hi Heather, love, love, love your card!!!! Your take on the challenge is fabulous!! Love those flowers!!!

Richelle said...

Pretty card! love the papers.