Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What's the word, bird.


For some reason I love this sentiment from Inkadinkado...What's the word, bird.
I smile every time I read it.
This is a really simple card layout - mainly because the Gina K owls image is huge. There wasn't much room left on the card after I matted the image. I colored the owls, branch and leaves with pencils and OMS and then added some Art Institue glitter to the leaves for a little sparkle. The brown ribbon is SU and the blue is American Crafts (I got a bunch of 3 yard spools of American Crafts ribbon on clearance at Target for $0.98). The CS is SU and the DP is once again Cosmo Cricket Gretel. I notched the corners but couldn't find the right color brads or gems to go so for now I just left them empty.
I hope you are all having a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Kisa Peters said...

Great coloring! Those owls are super cute!

Maureen said...

That sentiment is too funny!! Love this card!

Kari said...

Fun card! The owls are great! I love the background paper too!

Richelle said...

Another cute card! love the owls.

Delia said...

Great job coloring. I love the owls and the paper. This card is gorgeous.