Sunday, April 26, 2009

Little Paper Shop inspiration challenge

I don't know if I've mentioned it on my blog before but I am really picky about stamp quality. When I first tried out clear stamps a few years ago I hated them. I didn't think clear stamps could give a quality image. In fact after buying several brands I ended up giving away all of my clear stamps. I didn't even consider clear stamps again for several months. The problem was, I kept seeing a ton of super cute images that were only available in clear. I finally gave in and started trying out clear stamps again. I have found that there is a SIGNIFICANT range of quality in clear stamps. Little Paper Shop stamps happen to be some of the absolute best quality clear stamps that I have found (Our Craft Lounge, Inkadinkado and There She Goes are my other absolute favorites!) (I won't publicly post the companies that I think have poor quality clear stamps but if you want to know my opinions send me an email and we can chat). If you haven't tried out LPS I highly recommend them...and BTW, they are having an AWESOME sale right now (I just placed a huge order yesterday).
On Monday last week the LPS blog posted an inspriation challenge. I had hoped to work on this all week but time just got away from me. I finally found some time tonight to stamp and thought I would play along. Here is the inspiration challenge photo:

Here is my card (and as crazy as it might seem, I didn't use a butterfly on my card, lol):Supplies used: Stamp from LPS, SU CS, BG DP, Dress it up glitter dots, Prima flower, SU scalloped edge punch.

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for my first DRS Designs May sneak peek.

7 comments:

Danni said...

Love your card (even without a butterfly on it!) LOL!
I hated clear stamps as well until I tried different inks, world of difference.

Anonymous said...

I think it is so beautiful! It doesn't need the butterfly! Great colors!

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous yummy papers and colors!! Love that sentiment too!

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! This came out GORGEOUS! I was on the fence about that Lime Rickey paper but this is SO pretty! I got the Wisteria but not that one...of course now I'm regretting it LOL.

Great take on the inspiration sketch! Your card is GORGEOUS and you intepreted the cake beautifully!

Heather Schlatter said...

Heather,

This card turned out amazingly perfect for this inspiration!!! You did a wonderful job picking out papers and colors!!!

Love it!!!

Heather

Jami said...

That paper is just perfect!!! Love these beautiful bright happy colors. And that cake...Mmmmmm - never thought I'd wanna eat a butterfly! LOL!

Kisa Peters said...

OKay....so this bright card? I LOVE IT! So funky and fun! and bright and happy!!