Tuesday, April 28, 2009

MTTSC20 Ribbit, Ribbit


This is my 2nd post today. To see my Jacksonbelle Tuesday Challenge card please scroll down to the previous post.


I'm cheating a little on this week's Twinkling Tuesday challenge. I actually made this card a few weeks ago but since it fit the challenge so perfectly, I'm using it!
The challenge this week is to make a card with a frog on it (or any other critter if you don't have a frog stamp). If you decide to play along with us this week, please use keyword MTTSC20 when uploading to PCP or SCS.

The stamps I used are all from DRS Designs. I have loved this Cutie Pie kid since the first time I saw him in the DRS catalog. I was so excited to finally get my hands on him and this is the first card I've made with him. The cute little frog in the background is one the stamps you can choose for free when you join the DRS Designs Rubber Mania Monthly...if you've never heard about Rubber Mania, check out the deets HERE. Did you notice I used my favorite stamp EVER yet again...the easy grass background! Have you bought this stamp yet? If not, you should. It is awesome!!!
Supplies used: Stamps from DRS Designs, SU CS, Prismacolor markers, Cuttbug embossing folder, foam dimensionals.

Speaking of DRS Designs....I was browsing their newly updated website yesterday and came across something I couldn't wait to share with all of you...GRAB BAGS! DRS has grab bags of rubber for only $7.95. This is an AWESOME deal and a great way to pick up a varitey of high quality unmounted rubber stamps. If you are new to DRS, this would be a great economical way to start your collection. These grab bags are high quality stamps (no seconds) and there are no duplicates. This is seriously a FABULOUS deal!!! To check out the grab bags click HERE.

Be sure to check out the blogs of the other Twinkling Tuesday design team members for some more frog-tastic inspiration!

Bonnie
Cassie
Christi
Darla
Debbie
Heather S.
Jacquie
Janna
Jen
Jessica
Kim
Kimmie
Rebecca
Sandra

Thanks for stopping by today! Stop back tomorrow for another DRS Designs May sneak peek!

Heather

21 comments:

Nancy said...

He's adorable, Heather!!! I love this image!!

Bonnie said...

Perfect Heather! I love this little guy.....takes me waaaayyy back to when my brother used to chase me around with frogs......hey thanks a lot (I think)..........lol!

nessy said...

what a cute chap! ~what a great fun card!!~adorable
vanessa xx

marywebb said...

That little boy and frog are so adorable. I love that card!! Have a great day!

Sandra MacLean said...

Hahahhaa!! This is the perfect boy card Heather! Nicky is going to LOVE it!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Heather, this is such a fun card! Linda x

Jennifer E. said...

Love this card! Great layout & fab coloring! The colors just pop!

Heather "Hev" said...

Magnificent Heather :)

Janna said...

OH Heather I love, love, love this!!! I am seeing this embossing folder everywhere and I need it!! It is so perfect for this card and the way you made the background paper is a perfect! I just love everything about it!! You did such an incredible job on this!!!

Smiles,
janna

Heather Schlatter said...

Heather,

You did a great job on this card way to take that challenge!!! I love that embossing folder I must have it!!!

I really like all the frogs and on the side to!!!

Totally cool!!!

Heather

Ivolina said...

This card is so cute and funny. i like this little boy. He is like my son frog fan.

Kim R said...

I LOVE this!! This is so perfect. Nicky is going to love this card.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Adorable!! I love this cute image!! Love your frogs on the side and all the texture from the dry embossing!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!! You did an awesome job on the card!!!

Debbie Lee said...

Heather, how cute is that little boy... he IS Nicky!! I can totally picture him running in from the yard exactly like that and scaring the crap outta Jess! LMAO!! Does that make me a bad person? ;) he he he Your card is adorable!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Really cute, if you had done blonde hair, that could be my kid! Poor frogs!

Cassie said...

haha!! love it when that happens heather! this turned out really cute - you have the embossing folder i was wishing i had earlier today!

Nicky said...

Hi it's Nicky. I love your card. The frog paper is my favorite. I like how he's holding the frogs too. I wish I had a real frog. Your card is so cool. Thanks for playing the challenge!

Darla said...

What a perfect "ALL BOY" card. Love the embossed green strip - it's fun to add some texture to cards, isn't it? Great coloring and layout! What a FUN card!

Kisa Peters said...

This kid is CUTE! LOVE all of the frogs!!

Anonymous said...

So so cute!! I really love frog boy!! Your coloring is gorgeous!! :)